Buddha: " Whenever you see things, just see. Whenever you listen, just listen. Whenever you know, just know."
Spring Rolls (Por Peea Tod)
Ingredients (Makes 5 rolls)
1 Coriander root, chopped
Dipping sauce (Sufficient for 20 Spring Rolls):
Method – Spring Rolls:
1. Pound coriander root, garlic and peppercorns together until well pasted to become a ‘herb mixture’.
2. Heat oil in a wok on a medium heat until thin smoke is produced.
3. Put herb mixture in and stir fry until the pork is cooked.
4. Add shredded cabbage, carrot and mushroom. Stir well then add vermicelli, water and flavour with the seasoning soy sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
5. Stir fry the mixture until cooked. Note that it should appear dry. Set aside to cool down.
1. Place spring roll sheet on a flat surface and put about 1 tablespoon of filling onto the sheet.
2. Fold the near end of the sheet over the filling and pull back a bit to tighten.
3. Fold both side ends over, roll all the way to the opposite end and seal the roll with egg yolk, set aside.
4. Deep fry spring rolls on medium heat, placing them gently into the fat to avoid splashing.
5. Turn rolls constantly until golden brown, then drain and strain well. Serve on a plate with dipping sauce.
Method – Dipping Sauce:
1. Put water, vinegar, sugar, salt, chilli paste and shredded white radish into a saucepan.
2. Place on stove and turn on low heat.
3. Boil and let simmer until the sauce is thickened.
Items annotated (TAT)
Calling all Thailand Travel & Tourism Specialists
Free Pages - Get your details listed in our Directory
Drop us an email providing the details you would like entered into the directory or alternatively write using the address details below.
You do not need to have a web site to get listed.